New Customer Welcome
- 1 Thank You Email
- 1 “Product Has Shipped” Email
- 1 “Did You Get It?” Email
- 1 “Check In” Email
- This campaign is only the beginning of a great relationship with your customers. Once this runs, be sure to send your customers a sequence of resources, educational content, etc. you think they might appreciate. A few weeks down the road, send a Feedback Survey. Shortly after, ask your happy customers for referrals. Invite your customers to buy from you again with a Cross Sell Campaign. Then ask for testimonials. Keep nurturing your customers and you’ll always have plenty of business.
- How you deliver your products and services after a purchase is unique. This campaign includes content based on the most common delivery scenarios, but you may need to alter the copy to reflect your process.
- The emails in the sequence could be easily modified to work for repeat buyers. But be sure you have a separate campaign for them, because, as written, this sequence will not work.
Email 1: Thanks for Your Purchase
Subject Line: Thanks for your purchase
Send: Immediately after purchase
Thanks for your purchase! It’s exciting to have you join our community and we look forward to building a strong relationship with you.
Now, I know you’re busy, but I want to make sure your experience is perfect, so here’s what you can expect:
- [HOW PRODUCT IS BEING DELIVERED]
- You’ll get occasional emails from me checking in on you and making sure you’re happy with your purchase
- [OTHER EXPECTATIONS HERE]
And, of course, if you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact me at [BEST CONTACT INFO].
You made a great purchase. Enjoy!
If your product comes with a guarantee, be sure to spell out the criteria in the email. For example: By the way, your product comes with a 30 day money-back guarantee. So be sure to let us know if you’re not 100% satisfied.
The “other expectations” might include: a request to connect with you on social media, promises to let them know first when you get new products, rewards points they’ve earned if you have a program like that, etc.
Email 2: Product Has Shipped
Subject Line: Your product has shipped
Send: Immediately after product is sent
Quick note to let you know your product [NAME OF PRODUCT] has been shipped. It should arrive [NUMBER OF DAYS: 3-5] days from now.
[TRACKING NUMBER, IF APPLICABLE, GOES HERE]
Your satisfaction is very important to us. Please let us know if there are any concerns with your delivery and we’ll be sure to work them out.
You can always reach us at [BEST CONTACT INFO].
Email 3: Everything Arrive Okay?
Subject Line: Did everything arrive as expected?
Send: Within 2 days of when it should have arrived
Remember how I mentioned your satisfaction is our primary concern? Well, it is! Which is why I’m checking in.
According to our records, you should have received the product you purchased from us.
- Did your package arrive on time?
- Did it arrive as expected?
- Do you have any concerns?
You are always welcome to reach out to us at [BEST CONTACT INFO].
Assuming everything turned out as planned, you don’t need to respond at all. But keep an eye on your inbox because we’d like to keep sending you valuable information, special offers, and other communication.
Email 4: Check In
Subject Line: Checking in on your purchase
Send: 7 days after email 3
It’s been over a week since you purchased [NAME OF PRODUCT]. How’s it working out for you?
By now you should have had a chance to use it to experience:
- [BENEFIT OF PRODUCT]
- [BENEFIT OF PRODUCT]
- [BENEFIT OF PRODUCT]
Ultimately, use of this product should have [SOLUTION IT PROVIDES].
Now there’s just one thing I wanted to mention...we love hearing from you. We love receiving feedback and having our customers tell us what else they’d like from us. I hope you’ll feel comfortable reaching out to us with any thoughts, questions, concerns, suggestions, etc. Our best contact info is [BEST CONTACT INFO].
Thanks for being part of the family,
This is your email for combating buyer’s remorse. The benefits should highlight the best things about your product. Then, the “solution it provides” wraps all the benefits up into a powerful solution. It might look like this:
- The perfect curls that last for hours
- A cool touch setting that adds volume without damaging hair
- The straight-hair adapter that converts curls to silky smooth hair
Ultimately, use of this product should have made the “perfect” style an everyday occurrence. No more bad hair days for you!